[Biojava-l] LSID

mark.schreiber at novartis.com mark.schreiber at novartis.com
Wed Jun 15 21:34:10 EDT 2005

The internal use was mine (I was just using it as a substitute for a
namespace). Maybe we should upgrade it to be compatable with IBM or
Taverna?

- Mark

Michael Heuer <heuermh at acm.org>
Sent by: biojava-l-bounces at portal.open-bio.org
06/16/2005 03:27 AM

        To:     Gary Bader <bader at cbio.mskcc.org>
        cc:     biojava-l at open-bio.org, Mark Schreiber/GP/Novartis at PH
        Subject:        Re: [Biojava-l] LSID

The biojava LSID and the IBM LSID are slightly different APIs, the IBM one
the more complete of the two.  There also are/were LSID client
implementations that I'm not very familiar with in taverna [0] and for
whatever reason in an email client called Haystack [1].

I would move the biojava LSID implementation for deprecation after
release of version 1.4.x but note that it is used internally, see e.g.

org/biojava/utils/lsid/class-use/LifeScienceIdentifier.html

in the 1.4pre2 javadocs.

   michael

[0] http://taverna.sf.net
[1] http://haystack.lcs.mit.edu