[Biojava-l] BioJava 1.5

mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com
Sun Jan 9 20:03:05 EST 2005

I'd like to see biojava 1.4 come out first!!

Seriously though, I'm assuming you mean a version that uses java 1.5 (java
5). I think Matthew Pocock is working on something, I think it's called
BioJava2 and represents a major redesign (in which case it probably
shouldn't be called biojava but thats just semantics). Not too sure what
the website is.

Having said all that, I think there is no reason why we cannot start using
java 1.5 in the standard old biojava (probably after biojava 1.4 is
finalised). As long as most of the community is happy with that proposal.

- Mark

Wim Glassee <wim.glassee at ua.ac.be>
Sent by: biojava-l-bounces at portal.open-bio.org
01/07/2005 11:01 PM