AW: [Biojava-l] location of biojava.jar on a linux system

BIBIS, Garnier, Christophe cgarnier at ttz-Bremerhaven.de
Fri Feb 18 05:57:17 EST 2005

another solution is to create a shell script file with the executable rights
(say application.sh) and write inside something like:
#!/bin/sh

# ---
# run the application
# ---

# --- Global Environment Variables ---

THIS_PATH=`pwd`

CLASSPATH=$THIS_PATH

CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/bio/tools/biojava/biojava.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/bio/tools/biojava/bytecode-0.92.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/bio/tools/biojava/jakarta-regexp.jar
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/bio/tools/biojava/xerces.jar

CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:__ANOTHER_JAR_PATH__
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:__ANOTHER_JAR_PATH__
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:__ANOTHER_JAR_PATH__
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:__ANOTHER_JAR_PATH__
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:__ANOTHER_JAR_PATH__

export CLASSPATH

PARA="-Xmx758M"

java $PARA  __THE_CLASS_TO_CALL__

Replace the corresponding paths to your biojava distribution and the
__ANOTHER_JAR_PATH__ as needed

By the way, the JAVA platforms Eclipse or Netbeans work very fine and take
care about such details.

christophe