[Biojava-l] Using pairwiseDP

Tal Blum blum+ at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Feb 2 12:59:26 EST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to use BioJava for doing alignment between two sequences. I
tried to use the pairwiseDP class, but it is not clear to me how to
construct a MarkovModel for it. The problem, I think, is specifying the
emission distributions for pair symbols with gaps. How can you create a
pairDistribution with with a gap as an element of the distribution for
use in the pairwiseDP? If anyone can refer me to example that uses
pairwiseDP I would be grateful.
Another question I have is why is there no BaumWelch algorithm for
MarkovModels with two heads?

Many thanks,
Tal Blum