[Biojava-l] [OT] Bioinformatician job vacancy

Smithies, Russell Russell.Smithies at agresearch.co.nz
Wed Dec 21 14:35:23 EST 2005

Hi All,

I hope you don't mind me posting this here but our company has a vacancy
for a bioinformatician and I thought there might be someone here who
would like to work in beautiful New Zealand.

Russell Smithies

Bioinformatics Software Developer
Invermay  Research Centre
Puddle Alley,
Mosgiel,
New Zealand
www.agresearch.co.nz

As part of AgResearch's company strategy we are continuing to grow our
business in the area of bioinformatics.  This capability is essential
for our science discovery.

In this position you will be part of a national team of 26
bioinformaticians, mathematical biologists and statisticians and be
based at our Grasslands campus at Palmerston North.  This is a permanent
position.

You will be an advocate for bioinformatics within AgResearch; you will
work collaboratively on projects and will provide bioinformatics
training and advice to science staff working in the biotechnology area.

We are seeking a person who has:
*	An excellent tertiary qualification in molecular biology or
genetics
*	Experience with the use of bioinformatics applications
*	Knowledge of life sciences databases and the internet
*	Well developed IT technical skills and web based technologies
*	Experience in a training environment
*	Excellent writing, speaking and interpersonal skills
*	Familiarity with Perl, Java or Unix Scripting

If you possess the above skills, we would like to hear from you.

To find out more about this position please contact Anette Becher by
email anette.becher at agresearch.co.nz or alternatively phone (03) 489
9028 (after 16th January 2006).

For a job description and application form please contact Linda Murray,
Phone (03) 489 9011 or email linda.murray at agresearch.co.nz (after 16
January 2006).  Alternatively the job description and application form
can be found at http://www.agresearch.co.nz/recruitment

For general information on AgResearch please visit our website at
www.agresearch.co.nz

Applications close 30th January 2006 and should be sent to Linda Murray
at the following address or by email -

Linda Murray
AgResearch
Invermay Agricultural Centre