[Biojava-l] Reverse transcription

Jacob Rohde rohdester at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 09:56:06 EDT 2005

Hi again,

On 8/15/05, mark.schreiber at novartis.com <mark.schreiber at novartis.com> wrote:
> Surprisingly there is not a method ro reverseTranslation in RNATools, I
> might add one. It does however give a nice opportunity to see how biojava
> translates symbols from one Alphabet to another.
>
> [SNIP code]

Hey thanks for that code snippet. It does the trick. And nice to see
some low-level alphabet translation.

> Anyone want to wirte that up for Biojava in Anger?

I just wanna note that if somebody writes it up for the cookbook, note
that the code snippet by Mark isn't symmetric with transcribeToRNA().
I put in a DNATools.complement() to make it just so.

Thanks a lot for all the help :)