[Biojava-l] Location output

mmatilai at hytti.uku.fi mmatilai at hytti.uku.fi
Thu Apr 14 06:58:20 EDT 2005

Hi!

I have added features to a sequence file using StrandedFeature.Template as a
template and RangeLocation class to define the locations. The sequence is saved
in Genbank format after the addition of all features. I want to output the
features later to a text file and this is how they look (type and location shown):

ER9_rc	[15276,15296]

I would like to get rid of the [] brackets.

I modified the toString method of the RangeLocation class and removed these
brackets but after this I get an error message as the program tries to write the
features added to the genbank file using GenbankFormat class method
writeSequence. Does anyone have an explanation to this? Or a simple solution how
I can simplify my text file output to leave out the brackets?

Thanx,

Merja Matilainen