[Biojava-l] dasdsn.dtd

Thomas Down td2 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Apr 13 04:01:24 EDT 2005

On 12 Apr 2005, at 15:17, Joel Björkman wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have a tiny question...
>
> I have a program that dies with the error message: "Can't build DAS
> url"...
> I'm 90% sure that the error comes from a dtd-URL-fault since it looks
> lite
> this in the XML file.

The "Can't build DAS url" error isn't DTD related, as far as I can
tell.  The usual reason is that one or more DAS datasources has an
invalid MAPMASTER URL, which causes problems when BioJava tries to
parse it into a Java URL object.

Which server were you trying to access?  I know where was a
configuration problem on the Sanger Institute DAS server yesterday,
which could have caused errors like the one you report.  I believe this
has been fixed now,