[Biojava-l] Symbol / SymbolPropertyTable question

Mark Southern msouthern at exsar.com
Mon Apr 4 15:26:15 EDT 2005

I thought I would ask the list for advice before I embarked on something. I
have some physiochemical properties of amino acids that I would like to
access. (Milne Acid/Base Lambda/Rho) It includes values for modified amino
acids, side groups and N and C termini. See below.

I could of course do a very simple String -> value mapping. The question is:
what would be the best way to implement this in biojava? I can imagine a
setup similar to ProteinTools which reads in per-symbol properties from xml
and creates SymbolPropertyTable instances but in this example I have
modified amino acids and non-aa entities so I might need to create a new
Alphabet?

Cheers,

Mark.

ALANINE		A