[Biojava-l] Per-sequence information from PairwiseAlignment

Rahul Karnik rahul at genebrew.com
Sun Sep 19 15:40:03 EDT 2004

Hello,

[I am a new user of BioJava, so please forgive any obvious errors I may
make.]

I was trying to modify the PairwiseAlignment demo to show the
traditional output of alignment programs, i.e. the aligned sequences
alongside one another. It seems this information is available from:

StatePath result = aligner.viterbi(seqs, ScoreType.PROBABILITY);

I was able to get result.symbolListForLabel(StatePath.SEQUENCE) and
display the symbols, but these seem to have both sequences in each
symbol (of class SimpleAtomicSymbol). I could parse out each sequence
from the combined SymbolList, but I was wondering if there is a better
way to achieve this.

Thanks,
Rahul