[Biojava-l] Per-sequence information from PairwiseAlignment

mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com
Sun Oct 3 22:03:14 EDT 2004

Some examples are at:

http://www.biojava.org/docs/bj_in_anger/profileHMM.htm

and

http://www.biojava.org/tutorials/dp-doc.html

Rahul Karnik <rahul at genebrew.com>
Sent by: biojava-l-bounces at portal.open-bio.org
09/20/2004 03:40 AM

        To:     biojava-l at biojava.org
        cc:     (bcc: Mark Schreiber/GP/Novartis)
        Subject:        [Biojava-l] Per-sequence information from PairwiseAlignment

Hello,

[I am a new user of BioJava, so please forgive any obvious errors I may
make.]

I was trying to modify the PairwiseAlignment demo to show the
traditional output of alignment programs, i.e. the aligned sequences
alongside one another. It seems this information is available from:

StatePath result = aligner.viterbi(seqs, ScoreType.PROBABILITY);

I was able to get result.symbolListForLabel(StatePath.SEQUENCE) and
display the symbols, but these seem to have both sequences in each
symbol (of class SimpleAtomicSymbol). I could parse out each sequence
from the combined SymbolList, but I was wondering if there is a better
way to achieve this.

Thanks,
Rahul