[Biojava-l] TestDAS problem

Thomas Down thomas at derkholm.net
Tue Nov 16 05:25:08 EST 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 11:09:43AM +0100, Dirk Habighorst wrote:
> Hi,
>
> running the TestDAS example (biojava-live) causes the following exception:
>
> Exception in thread "main" org.biojava.bio.BioRuntimeException:
> org.biojava.bio.BioException: DAS error (status code = 401) connecting to
> http://servlet.sanger.ac.uk:8080/das/ with query

That test script is meant to be pointed to an individual DAS data
source, not the root of a DAS server (which can potentially be
serving up many data sources).

Try something like:

     http://servlet.sanger.ac.uk:8080/das/homo_sapiens_core_25_34e/

(You can get a complete list of what's on offer by looking at
http://servlet.sanger.ac.uk:8080/das/ in a web browser).

> I have tried several other das servers with the same result. By the way are
> the sources for Matthew Pococks biojava das client available anywhere?

There's a version in CVS:

        http://cvs.open-bio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/das-client/?cvsroot=biojava

I think this up to date, but as you can see it's not had much development
recently.