[Biojava-l] biojava and Xcode

Koen van der Drift kvddrift at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 13 14:47:57 EST 2004

On Nov 10, 2004, at 4:35 AM, Koen van der Drift wrote:

> So far I was treating biojava and my own code as 2 different targets
> in the same project. I will try to make just one target and post here
> if it worked. Thanks all for the comments,

To follow up on this, it's working now. The trick is to create an
"Ant-based Application Jar" project in Xcode (1.5), and copy all the
code from the src directory in biojava-1.4pre1 plus my own code into
the project. I did have to comment out a couple of lines that start
with assert to compile successfully, for instance:

/Users/koen/Desktop/biojavatest2/src/org/biojava/bio/symbol/
SimpleGappedSymbolList.java:408: warning: as of release 1.4, assert is
a keyword, and may not be used as an identifier
     assert isSane() : "Data corrupted: " + blocks;
     ^
/Users/koen/Desktop/biojavatest2/src/org/biojava/bio/symbol/
SimpleGappedSymbolList.java:408: ';' expected
     assert isSane() : "Data corrupted: " + blocks;

Regarding the suggestions to use the stack trace, I have a C/C++ and
GUI background, so I prefer to visually step through the code to see
the flow and the values of each variable.

cheers,

- Koen.