[Biojava-l] Why is FramedFeature.Template.readingFrame static?

Thomas Down td2 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue May 11 04:08:17 EDT 2004

On 10 May 2004, at 20:44, Thomas Down wrote:

> On 10 May 2004, at 20:12, Bradford Powell wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not sure if I am missing something here, but I'm confused as to
>> why
>> the field readingFrame in FramedFeature.Template is declared static.
>> None
>> of the fields (that I've looked at) in similar *Feature.Template
>> classes
>> are static. I would think it might cause problems with multi-threaded
>> apps if every FramedFeature.Template has the same reading frame.
>
> That's a bug, plain and simple.  I've fixed it now in CVS (should be
> fixed in tommorow's autobuild).

Actually I didn't quite fix it (hence the build failure last night).  A
couple of classes which used FramedFeature.Template were assuming the
field was static and accessing it as such.  The resulting code was
pretty nonsensical, so I can only assume it was generated by some kind
of automatic cleanup heuristics in an IDE.

It really is fixed now...