[Biojava-l] BioJava, BioSQL versions

Gang Wu gwu at molbio.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 8 17:26:52 EDT 2004

Dear All,

I am using the latest nightly built Biojava(biojava-20040608.jar) and BioSQL
v1.38 for MySQL. When I tried the following code:
    public static void main (String [] args) throws Exception {
       BioSQLSequenceDB bdb = new BioSQLSequenceDB(
            "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver",
            "jdbc:mysql://mysql_server_ip/biosqldb",
            "root",
            "password","biosqldb", true);
    }

I got the following exceptions:
=============
*** Importing a core ontology -- hope this is okay
*** Importing terms
Exception in thread "main" org.biojava.bio.BioException: Error accessing
ontologies
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.BioSQLSequenceDB.initDb(BioSQLSequenceDB.java:
238)
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.BioSQLSequenceDB.<init>(BioSQLSequenceDB.java:
164)
        at biosql.MyTest.main(MyTest.java:13)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Base table or view not found,  message
from server: "Table 'biosqldb.term_relationship_term' doesn't exist"
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1905)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1203)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2090)
        at
com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1680)
        at
com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1527)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Delegating
PreparedStatement.java:233)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Delegating
PreparedStatement.java:233)
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.OntologySQL.persistTriple(OntologySQL.java:616
)
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.OntologySQL.processTerm(OntologySQL.java:262)
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.OntologySQL.processTerm(OntologySQL.java:251)
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.OntologySQL.addCore(OntologySQL.java:218)
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.OntologySQL.<init>(OntologySQL.java:396)
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.OntologySQL.getOntologySQL(OntologySQL.java:71
)
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.BioSQLSequenceDB.initDb(BioSQLSequenceDB.java:
236)
        ... 2 more
I guess the message means it can find the MySQL driver and the database, but
the Java APIs does not match the BioSQL schema.
Does the "Table 'biosqldb.term_relationship_term' doesn't exist" mean I'm
using a wrong version of BioSQL? Anybody has any idea about it? Help is
needed and deeply  appreciated.

Gang