[Biojava-l] Heat map gradients

mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com
Mon Jun 7 00:00:19 EDT 2004

Hi -

Slightly off topic but,

I am making an application that will display a heat map based on the value
of a variable. I'm wondering if anyone has some sample code for generating
a color on a gradient between color a and color b (red and green are
traditional but something generic would be nice) based on the value of the
variable?

I guess this is the sort of thing you use for microarray displays/
correlations etc. Cellular automata in this case but it should be useful
to others in the list.

- Mark

Mark Schreiber
Principal Scientist (Bioinformatics)

Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases (NITD)
10 Biopolis Road
#05-01 Chromos
Singapore 138670
www.nitd.novartis.com