[Biojava-l] BioSQL exception

Gang Wu gwu at molbio.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 2 18:42:48 EDT 2004

When I tested the biosql.UploadFlat under the demos folder, got the
following exception. Seems the code can not find MySQL driver. Can anyone
tell me what I should do or where I can find related docs? Thanks.

C:\java -cp
%CLASSPATH%;C:\development\src\lib\biojava-1.4pre1.jar -Djdbc.drivers=C:\dev
elopment\src\lib\mysql-connector-java-3.0.11-stable-bin.jar
biosql.UploadFlat jdbc:mysql://localhost root rootPass genbank genbank
C:/development/genome/arabidopsis_thaliana/IV.fcgi
Opening database: genbank
org.biojava.bio.BioException: Error getting datasource
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.BioSQLSequenceDB.<init>(BioSQLSequenceDB.java:
191)
        at biosql.UploadFlat.main(UploadFlat.java:31)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(Unknown Source)
        at
org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.BioSQLSequenceDB.<init>(BioSQLSequenceDB.java:
188)
        ... 1 more