[Biojava-l] Is there a way to determine the query within a FeatureFilter?

Benjamin Schuster-Boeckler benjamins at Biomax.de
Wed Jan 7 03:47:11 EST 2004

As I understood the principle, a FeatureFilter will be used to test one
Feature after the other through it's accept(Feature f) method. Now my
problem is that this is _far_ too slow. I need to check millions of
Features of which only a few will be selected. So what I want to do is
to get the "rule" that the FeatureFilter uses and translate it into a
SQL query so I can get the right Features from the database straight
away. Unfortunately, I don't see a way how this could be possible.

Thanks in advance, Greetings,

Bejamin Schuster-Böckler