[Biojava-l] Intsall Problems Update

Orion Hunter orion2480 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 28 13:10:49 EST 2004

Thanks for the response.  I got everything working, but it took a little
tweaking.

First off, I never found the biojava-live directory.  I know I had ANT
installed correctly, because it worked from the command line... but I never
found the biojava-live nor the build.xml that ant looks for.

So, I d/l the jars themselves.  However, in order to get everything to work,
I had to include in my classpath the location of the packages (basically, I
had to include /home/user/biojava/main in my class path, because this is the
root of where the pakcage structure is located), in addition to the normal
classpath of the JARS.

The second thing I had to do was go in and individually compile many of the
.java files in the packages.  Javac'ing the demo files for whatever reason
did not do this (and I tried several times, recompiling the demofiles to see
if that would result in the necessary class files from the packages).

Anyway, in the end I got it to work.  Just took a little extra work.

Matt