[Biojava-l] proxy problem

mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com mark.schreiber at group.novartis.com
Fri Dec 17 00:38:32 EST 2004

You can set proxy parameters as environment variables in the command line
of java. There you can set the proxyPort etc. The syntax escapes me now
(and has changed over time) java -D "proxyHost=myhost.com" myprogram (or
something). A quick Google search will find it.

Your other option is to set proxy variables in your program:

System.setProperty("proxySet", "true");
System.setProperty("http.proxyHost", "proxy.myhost.com");
System.setProperty("http.proxyPort", "80");

If you do this before you call any network classes (such as those in
biofetch) your program should navigate through your proxy. If you have an
authenticating proxy (eg one that knows who you are and expects your own
unique password this is more tricky but can be done).

Hope this helps,

Mark

Kenny Chamber <kenny at gem-hs.org>
Sent by: biojava-l-bounces at portal.open-bio.org