[Biojava-l] Parsing GenBank files in Threads

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 1 14:31:56 EST 2004

Hi,

The biojava policy on synchronization is that we try to make things safe
if possible, but expect the user to synchronize sanely. Unfortunately,
this is usually not documented anywhere. I could not guarantee that
GenbankFormat is threadsafe - it would be sensible for it to be, but the
particular implementation may not be. To help us track this, could you
include some example stack traces of eratic behavior?

Matthew