[Biojava-l] Parse error with negative strand CDS

Peter Wilkinson pwilkinson at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 12 09:38:54 EDT 2003

Well ... Fred.

Having worked for the company that makes VectorNTI (Informax), I can tell
you that there are some modifications to the format that should be benign
... but that is not always true. The output of GenBank files from VectorNTI
are slightly different, but Iwould not have expected them to break the parser.

the annotations within VectorNTI are added into the comments fields, which
should not be a problem.

One thing to check is whether biojava parser is updated to the current
genbank format, and whether the output from vectorNTI produces the same
'version' of the genbank file. If they don't then the biojava parser may
not handle the vectorNTI output.

if you could send the file I can see what the problem is, the line on its
own does not seem like a problem. It might be some spacing issues (version
of the formatting) in the file generated on the previous line somewhere.

Peter

At 10:04 AM 12/09/2003 +1200, Schreiber, Mark wrote:
>Hi -
>
>This looks odd. It may be that the Genbank produced by VectorNTI is not
>quite right. Can you post the file, or at least the few lines surrounding
>the CDS feature?
>
>- Mark

Peter Wilkinson
Bioinformatics Consultant