[Biojava-l] RNA Secondary Structure

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber at agresearch.co.nz
Mon Oct 6 17:31:38 EDT 2003

Hi -

One way would be to make a Alphabet for the structure based on Symbols for the ((((....)))) characters. You could then make a cross product of that Alphabet and the RNA alphabet and make SymbolLists over that cross product Alphabet. Each Symbol would then have an RNA component and a structure component.

I used this approach for Phred quality data (see org.biojava.bio.program.phred package). I would'nt mind helping with this (although I'm away for the next few days), it would make a great few examples for the biojava in Anger site.

- Mark