[Biojava-l] RNA Secondary Structure

Torsten Waldminghaus t.waldminghaus at gmx.de
Mon Oct 6 06:51:11 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I just started to use BioJava and I like it very much - so thank you to all
Developers because it saves me a lot of work.
The idea to use a list of objects instead of a string sounds logical to me
although it needs a while to get used to it.
Concerning that I have a question:
I want so save the secondary structure prediction of RNA Sequences together
with the sequence itself. For that I use an notation of parenthesis and
periods like this: ((((.....)))) (stands for a hairpinloop)
So every nucleotide is represented by one point or parenthesis. The question I
have is if it is clever to declarate all those points and parenthesis as a
single Feature at a point Location or if there is a better way maybe by
connecting a SymbolList of that structure whith the sequence or something
like that.
I would be gratefull for any comments and wish to have a nice day,
Torsten

One more thing: What is the difference between the mailgroups biojava-I ans
biojava-dev?