[Biojava-l] Annotation Serialization

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 08:23:13 EDT 2003

Y D Sun wrote:

>Mark,
>
>Great! You made the thing totally straightforward. Annotation can be
>directly serialized into byte stream and sent via Axis.
>
>Thanks!
>
>George

That completely defeats the interoperability of web services - if we
just pass arround serialised objects, then we can only talk to
servers/clients using compattible java objects.

I think what you need to do is write an Axis serializer / deserializer
that understands lists and add that to your soap service - it seems odd
that Axis doesn't come with one bundled like it does for Map.