[Biojava-l] weightmatrix annotator

Tanya Vavouri tvavouri at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 27 11:14:47 EST 2003

Hi Brian,

I have started using biojava to annotate sequences with weight matrices and
have had the same problem. Basically, using the WeightMatrixAnnotator class
I can annotate a sequence with multiple weight matrices, but the problem is
that when I then look at the sequence features, I can't tell which feature
corresponds to which weight matrix.

As a solution, I've modified the WeightMatrixAnnotator class so that the
constructor can also take a String argument, which is the ID of my weight
matrix and then the class saves that string as the Feature.type(instead of
"hit").

I also thought that it would be good for the WeightMatrixAnnotator to accept
a database of Weight Matrices so that it can neatly annotate a sequence with
many matrices.

Does anyone know if this can already be done with some other biojava classes
or whether someone is already working on this ? If not, would it be worth me
sending to biojava some classes that I've written to deal with these tasks ?

Tanya Vavouri

Graduate Student
Comparative Genomics Group
MRC HGMP-RC