[Biojava-l] code for 1.3pre2

Thomas Down thomas at derkholm.net
Wed May 28 09:27:31 EDT 2003

Once upon a time, Warth,Rainer,LAUSANNE,NRC/BAS wrote:
> HI,
>     download the tarball from
>

> http://cvs.biojava.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/biojava-live/?cvsroot=bio
> java

That will actually get you a snapshot of the CVS HEAD.  The
1.3 series was actually branched.  If you look at the bottom
of the WebCVS page, there's a menu called something like
"Show files with tag".  If you select release-1_3-branch,
you'll get the tip of the 1.3 branch.  For final releases,
we also put a point tag into CVS (for examples, release-1_22)
which allows the released code to be reproduced exactly.
I don't bother doing that for pre-releases though.

So the best thing to do is to download:

     http://www.biojava.org/download/source/biojava-1.3pre2.tar.gz

Note, however, that we've fixed a number of bugs since then,
so you might prefer to get 1.3pre4 instead.

> 	Is this the code you use to make the binaries for 1.3pre2 ? I assume
> you
> use the "ant" build.xml file which is in the directory ?

Yes, that's right.  "ant package" for the jar files and "ant
javadocs" for the documentation tarball.  See the README
file in the source or:

     http://www.biojava.org/docs/started.html

Hope this helps,