[Biojava-l] BioJava 1.3pre2

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 4 13:41:04 EDT 2003

Hi,

re gaps, the pure Gap must not be Attomic. Realy,
there are four classes of symbol

    Symbol --> BasisSymbol --> AttomicSymbol
         \--> Gap

And BasisSymbol lists must be over BasisSymbol or Gap.
Unfortunately, that's not quite what we have in the
code-base. Anyway, if there is a tiny bit of special
case code, we can get away with Gap being a
BasisSymbol, but we can't get away with it being
Attomic - bad things will happen.

 --- "Schreiber, Mark"
<mark.schreiber at agresearch.co.nz> wrote: > Hi -