[Biojava-l] log-odds ratio

Ren, Zhen zren at amylin.com
Wed Mar 19 08:35:20 EST 2003

Hi, there,

The WeightMatrixDemo example at "BioJava In Anger" page (http://bioconf.otago.ac.nz/biojava/weightMatrix.htm?PHPSESSID=0adccafdabe1f2c52b062649c404c50f generates a WeightMatrix from an aligment and uses that matrix to annotate a Sequence with a threshold of 0.1.  This program uses the odds ratio.  I wonder if BioJava has the capacity to use the log-odds ratio (an additive scoring system) to avoid overflow.  So, I guess very slight modification can do the same thing as this program does.  Thanks.

Zhen