[Biojava-l] BioJava Speaker

David Huen david.huen at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 7 22:11:43 EST 2003

On Friday 07 Mar 2003 9:21 pm, Ryan Cuprak wrote:
> Hello,
>   I head the Connecticut Java Users Group (www.cooug.org/java) and was
> just curious if there are any speakers out there who would be interested
> in doing an intro presentation on bioinformatics/biojava? Having
> recently taken over the SIG I am now trying to line up speakers for the
> rest of the year and find unique topics.

While the core Biojava developers would probably happy to oblige, the bulk
of them are in Europe and NZ (hi Mark!) and therefore not best placed to
assist.

There is Brian Gilman at MIT who uses Java in bioinformatics (he's been cc'd
this message), developing a middleware suite called Omnigene.   He is
familiar with many of the issues that Java faces in bioinformatics and
might be more readily accessible to you.  I am sure he could give an
entertaining talk.

Best wishes,
David Huen, Biojava developer