[Biojava-l] Filtering mRNA from GenBank format files

Takeshi Sasayama sasayama at lmi.hitachi-sk.co.jp
Fri Mar 7 13:49:48 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm a newbee in Biojava and I have a question.
I would like to make a filter which reads from multiple GenBank format files
(gbpri1.seq, gbpri2.seq, ..., gbpri24.seq) and writes only entries which
have molecule type of "mRNA"(I mean molecule type is "DNA", "mRNA" etc.
which is written just after sequence length in LOCUS line.) to a file.

Could anyone show me overview of this flow? I saw "Biojava in Anger" web
page but I don't know how to do that using Biojava.
Also any suggestions, information are welcome.
Thanks

Takeshi Sasayama