[Biojava-l] Re: genbank contig stuff

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 20:57:50 EDT 2003

Sory - I fired that off without thinking much.

I just downloaded the genbank file NT_010783 from the ncbi. Our parsers
spewed lots of errors about features not being within the range 1..0,
and after a little poking arround in the code, I found that a zero
length sequence was being generated. In despiration, I looked at the
physical genbank file. Instead of sequences, it contains a CONTIG
section with a single big join() describing how to build it from other
entries.

Has anybody modified our genbank parser to process entries like this? To
be honest, I'm not quite sure where to start.