[Biojava-l] Problems running SearchProfile demo

hlr02 at doc.ic.ac.uk hlr02 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Mon Jun 23 00:26:22 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have tried to run the SearchProfile demo with something simple like:

MGNA
MGNA
MGNA
MGNA

I use the ProfileHMM constructor that has a string as one of its parameters
(instead of the deprecated one). There appear to be no problems in creating
and initializing the ProfileHMM object. The program gets stuck when the dp
object is created:

DP dp = DPFactory.DEFAULT.createDP(profile);

I don't get any error messages but the program starts looping. I am puzzled,
could anyone please help?

Thanks,

Henry