[Biojava-l] biojava-db

Thomas Down thomas at derkholm.net
Thu Jun 19 12:48:19 EDT 2003

Once upon a time, Juguang Xiao wrote:
> HI guys,
>
> I may miss or ignore some relevant emails before, sorry about that.   I
> am just keen to know whether there is any biojava API equivalent to
> bioperl-db? Thanks

Yes there is.  Better still, it uses the same SQL schema, and
should in principle interoperate (although I don't think this
has been tested recently).

It's not a separate package, though.  So grab the main BioJava
distribution and look at org.biojava.bio.seq.db.biosql.  The
1.3x series of BioJava release support the old (Cape Town)
BioSQL schema.  The current CVS version has recently been
updated to use the latest (Singapore) schema instead.  Note
that there are substantial changes to table names, etc., between
the two schema versions, so don't try to mix the two.