[Biojava-l] Different implementation of Sequence?

David Huen david.huen at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 5 23:34:46 EDT 2003

On Thursday 05 Jun 2003 6:07 pm, Y D Sun wrote:
> Having created the indices as following and restarted postmaster, the
> performance of feature filtering is even worse. Maybe MySQL is a better
> choice than PostgreSQL. Does anyone have the similar experience?

Was the access code exactly as you depicted it? ie. only filtering on "CDS".
Also what was the dataset you searched?  was it the same dataset in both
EMBL flat file and BioSQL?  What is your version of postgresql and what was
the platform?

I think we need some details to try to get to the bottom of this one, the
more the better ;-)  In my experience, while postgresql may not be faster,
I've never known it to be this much worse.  Something is wrong here and
we'd like to fix it.

Thanks,
David Huen