[Biojava-l] FundamentalAtomicSymbol Not Transferable?

hz5 at njit.edu hz5 at njit.edu
Mon Jun 2 17:57:11 EDT 2003

Hi all,
It seems that using a HashSet to create a symbollist can only validate the very
symbols in the HashSet, if I create a new Symbol using the same name and
annotation, the symbollist cannot validate it because the it is a new object
than the one in the HashSet.

I encountered this problem in the following situation:
I make a DragableJLabel draggable, and upon drop, it transfer a
FundamentalAtomicSymbol(extend it to implement transferrable) to a
DropableJPanel. Before transfer, I can show that the FundamentalAtomicSymbol
belongs to a simpleAlphabet(simpleAlphabet.contains(myFundamentalAtomicSymbol)
returns true), but after transfer, the contains method of the same
simpleAlphabet returns false. This make it impossible for drag and drop to
using symbols to build symbolLists.

Any ideas how to solve this?
while(true){
  thanks a million;