[Biojava-l] Creating a dp object for a profile HMM (2)

hlr02 at doc.ic.ac.uk hlr02 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Thu Jul 10 17:55:35 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have narrowed down the problem in creating a dp object for a profile HMM to a
possible bug in the code below from the DP class. I could really use some help
here..

Thanks,

Henry Romijn

  public static State[] stateList(MarkovModel mm)
  throws IllegalSymbolException, IllegalTransitionException,
  BioException {

      // .....code here works ok

        for (Iterator addStates = alpha.iterator(); addStates.hasNext(); ) {
        Object state = addStates.next();
        if (state instanceof MagicalState) {
          emissionStates.add(0, state);
        }
        else if (state instanceof EmissionState) {
          emissionStates.add(state);
        }
        else {
          ListIterator checkOld = dotStates.listIterator();
          int insertPos = -1;
          while (checkOld.hasNext() && insertPos == -1) {
            Object oldState = checkOld.next();
            if (comp.compare(state, oldState) == comp.LESS_THAN) {
              insertPos = checkOld.nextIndex() - 1;
            }
          }
          if (insertPos >= 0) {