[Biojava-l] major CVS commit

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 20:19:14 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have re-written the feature projection code. This has made things much
cleaner, and hopefully understandable to mortals. Also, the projection
APIs now have documentation! If you are interested, look at the javadocs
for org.biojava.bio.seq.project, and in particular, ProjectionContext
and ProjectedFeatureHolder.

This has hit loads of files (the cvs log was 77 lines long before I
added comments!). So, I've put in a branch tag PROJECTION_CHANGE to cvs.
If in the future, you wish to work with the old projection code, you
will need to check out that branch. The cvs HEAD is going to contain the
new projection code.

At the same time, I've been sorting out some of the package structure
under .seq - this may break code that directly uses classes like
SubSequence, but will leave code unaffected that uses SequenceTools.

As a side-effect of this, the bytecode package has gained a load of
documentation and some bug fixes. Accordingly, there is a new
bytecode.jar under biojava-live.

I have made no attempt to roll these changes over to other packages,
such as the ensembl code. You have been warned. If you run production
code from the biojava-live head, then you will get what you deserve :)

BioJava Consulting LTD - Support and training for BioJava
http://www.biojava.co.uk