[Biojava-l] (no subject)

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 12:19:30 EDT 2003

Hello,

Could you tell us the following information:

* The version of Java you have:

   java -version

* The version of Biojava you are using

* The directory you are running the compile command from.

* The value of your CLASSPATH variable.

* The /exact/ command-line you type to compile the demo.

* The /complete/ set of errors you are seeing.

It is likely that biojava.jar is not being found by the compiler, or
that the demos are not being compiled from a compattible directory, but
without this extra info, it is difficult to know.

Best,

Matthew

61530828 at may.ie wrote:
> Dear Mr. Schreiber
>
> I am having difficulty with biojava. I am working on a mac and I have been able
> download all of your stated requirements, but everytime I compile one of the
> demo
> programs  it throws up at least 15 errors, all of which are unresolved symbols.
> My
> only conclusion is that the packages which should have been imported into the
>
> program have not been imported, have you any suggestions-I really need to get
> the
> biojava up and running as soon as possible-
> Thank you
> Aisling Ní Ruairc
> 3rd Bioinformatics NUI Maynooth
> http://www.may.ie

BioJava Consulting LTD - Support and training for BioJava
http://www.biojava.co.uk