[Biojava-l] CHI's PepTalk event piques the interest ofproteomics researchers

support at biotaq.com support at biotaq.com
Fri Jan 31 13:06:06 EST 2003

Cambridge Healthtech Institute's PepTalk event piques the interest
ofproteomics researchers

This four-day event took place January 13-16, 2003 in San Diego,
California and delivered the ideal
mix of science, discussion and networking missing from many recent
proteomic events. Over 600
protein researchers and biotech business leaders experienced the expanded
agenda at PepTalk 2003.

The first two days of PepTalk was composed of three concurrent tracks on
Protein Arrays, Protein
Informatics and Protein Expression. All three of these tracks were busy
and attendees showed their
enthusiasm by asking many questions during each session panel discussions.
Over 60% of those
participating in the track sessions stayed on to hear the latest on the
Human Proteome Project
including updates on HUPO's five initiatives.  Attendees at the two days
of the Human Proteome
Project forum were presented with true insight into the future of
proteomics and were active partici-
pants in defining the future of the Human Proteome Project.

Click here to be receive details on next year’s event:
http://www.chi-peptalk.com/info.asp

Here's what attendees were saying about the event:

"Once again CHI has produced another successful conference. I always find
that CHI has a good
balance of excellent talks and a comprehensive exhibit hall with all the
key people in attendance.
PepTalk proved to be successful for us."

Russell Wheatcroft, Technology Networks Ltd

"I would recommend my colleagues attend the next Peptalk conference.
Holding the conference
in San Diego in January is the best place and time for us. I really
enjoyed the conference
and learned a great deal."

Rick Chu, Ph.D., Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

The meeting also included great opportunities for networking including
receptions, multiple breaks as well
as the one of a kind Proteins in 3D keynote. Exhibiting companies
exhibiting were thrilled by both the volume and quality of visitors that
stopped by their booths. Many exhibitors have already reserved their booth
space for next year's event.

Read two articles about the event at

http:// www.proteomonitor.com:

ARTICLE TITLES:

Arrays, Expression, and Informatics: Proteins get PepTalk at CHI meeting

HUPO, Opening It's Umbrella, Reports Progress on Initiatives, Adds
Education

CHI is determined to deliver the latest and most exciting proteomic
science at PepTalk. We appreciate all those that participated at this
year's event.

Special thanks to all our 2003 Sponsors:

VivaScience
Invitrogen
NonLinear
Physiome Sciences
Confirmant
Accelrys
Cipheragen

PEPTALK 2004
January 12-15, 2004
San Diego, California
http://www.chi-peptalk.com

To distribute your releases to this list, contact sales at biotaq.com.

BIOTAQ.COM's email news service is focused exclusively on biotech
industry. Welcome to join BIOTAQ.COM at:

http://www.biotaq.com/Joinbiotaq.htm