[Biojava-l] BLAST Parser in Anger!

staatsb staatsb at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jan 27 12:19:08 EST 2003

I was successful in getting the BLAST parser to work outlined by the
"BioJava in Anger" doc by changing the version number too 2.0.11 (thank
you Mark Schreiber X2).  However, a few of the APIs dont seem to
function i.e.  getSequenceID() is not recognized, but I dont think
thats due to the version change.  Also, I have noticed many API calls
to certain BLAST file features missing i.e. getQueryID, getGaps,
getQuerySequence, getSubjectSequence, and more.  Are these really
missing or does the programmer (me) need to define them from the APIs
existing  structure?  Has anyone else been able to obtain these
features with the missing APIs?  Can anyone offer any advise,
suggestions, explanations, etc, to these issues?

Thanks

Brian Staats
Bioinformatics Programmer Analyst
NIH/NCI/Core Genotyping Facility