[Biojava-l] library for running blast and formatdb

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:08:08 +1300

One thing sorely missing from BioJava is the ability to launch and
capture the results of common bioinformatics programs. I know Java isn't
the best at this but it's not that bad. It's also needed if you want to
develop pipeline type applications.

Would it be possible to get some kind of over-arching interface based
API so that services can be made available with similar interfaces.

Possibly a Service or Program interface a Paramater list or map, some
kind of result stream?

Just my $0.02

- Mark