[Biojava-l] (no subject)

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:53:00 +0000

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:05:07PM +0800, climb wrote:
> >What's kinds of warnings?
> >I guess "deprecation" warnings.
> >So, I think it may not be critical error.
> >
> Yes. but i found 122 warnings. Why not do some thing to kill them in the release? :-)

Which version of BioJava are you using?

And what do these warnings say?  I've been doing all my work
on JDK1.4.1 for some time now.  By default, our ANT build script
does not display deprecation warnings, and I don't see any
warnings at compile time.  Turning them on, I see 11 deprecation
warnings, all relating to a class which uses SAX1 APIs, and doesn't
really make sense to update to SAX2 at this point (in fact, it
may be removed, but probably not this release).

In the past, there were a *lot* of warnings when building
javadocs using the 1.4.1 javadoc tool.  These have now all
been fixed in the CVS version (and therefore in the forthcoming
1.3 releases).

If you're seeing something other than these two types of warning,
then please let me know.

    Thomas.