[Biojava-l] locating genes in a genomic sequence

Karin Lagesen karin.lagesen@labmed.uio.no
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 09:40:36 +0100

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 09:28:37AM +1300, Schreiber, Mark wrote:
> Hi -
>
> If you already have the SimpleGene features constructed these will
> contain a Location object. However, I think you are saying how can I
> find a subsequence in my Genomic sequence and locate the gene that way?
>
> To rapidly find exact matches you can use the biojava
> KnuthMorrisPrattSearch object from the org.biojava.bio.search package.
> It contains a main method that demonstrates it's use. This is a very
> efficient algorithm for finding exact matches.

Thankyou for your help. However, I seem to have a different version of
biojava than you, since I cannot find that class in that package (and
not in none of the others either). The biojava I am using is version
1.22 downloaded from biojava.org. I did however discover a
KnuthMorrisPrattSearch in a biojava API at
http://rosetteer.icu.ac.kr/, however, I could not figure out how to
get at the actual class....

Am I missing something again?

Karin