[Biojava-l] Running apps with Java

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Aug 11 17:30:45 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 11:57, David Huen wrote:
> Would something hybrid like Jython be useful in this context?  Perhaps they
> might have encountered and solved some of these problems.

I'd have a preference to an all-java solution if possible. Java code is
easier to maintain for the rest of us.

But if there are people with an all-made python solution, Jython depends
only on the JVM, but I'm not sure if all of the modules that we'd need
are there by default (I don't really know the project, I just looked at
their webpage).

I'd rather give Java a chance if possible, especially since we're moving
toward 1.4 only at this point (which might've fixed the problems).

Francois