[Biojava-l] Re: Running apps with Java

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Aug 11 16:13:01 EDT 2003

I've added it to the cvs as org.biojava.utils.ExecRunner. It make take a
little while to be replicated in the anonymous cvs.

It was originally released under the GPL for another project, but I got
permission from the author to add it in biojava under LGPL.

It has the advantage that it's supposed to grab the outputs
automatically, although I've had mixed success with it.

It takes advantage of cmd and command.com when running under windows,
but I wasn't sure if assuming that any unix system had 'sh' was a
reasonable assumption.

Hopefully we can get this worked out once and for all.

Francois