[Biojava-l] (Re)How to Use SixFrameRenderer and related classes? (fwd)

hywang hywang at scbit.org
Fri Aug 8 11:00:42 EDT 2003

From: "hywang" <hywang at scbit.org>
To: smh1008 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Subject: Re: How to Use SixFrameRenderer and related classes?
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:49:38 +0800

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help and the bug of StopRendereris fixed out. But I am
still in some trouble of SixFrame rendering

When I render a sequence in the six frame mode, just as the method below:

   SixFrameRenderer sixFramePane = new SixFrameRenderer();
   SixFrameZiggyRenderer sixZig = new SixFrameZiggyRenderer(sixFramePane);
   FeatureFilter cdsFilter = new FeatureFilter.ByType("transcript");
   FeatureBlockSequenceRenderer featureBin = new
FeatureBlockSequenceRenderer(sixZig);
   zml.addRenderer(new OverlayRendererWrapper(new
FilteringRenderer(featureBin, cdsFilter, true)));

   zml.addRenderer(new OverlayRendererWrapper(new StopRenderer(sixFramePane,
0, StrandedFeature.POSITIVE)));
   zml.addRenderer(new OverlayRendererWrapper(new StopRenderer(sixFramePane,
1, StrandedFeature.POSITIVE)));
   zml.addRenderer(new OverlayRendererWrapper(new StopRenderer(sixFramePane,
2, StrandedFeature.POSITIVE)));
   zml.addRenderer(new OverlayRendererWrapper(new StopRenderer(sixFramePane,
0, StrandedFeature.NEGATIVE)));
   zml.addRenderer(new OverlayRendererWrapper(new StopRenderer(sixFramePane,
1, StrandedFeature.NEGATIVE)));
   zml.addRenderer(new StopRenderer(sixFramePane, 2,
StrandedFeature.NEGATIVE));

   zml.addRenderer(new SymbolSequenceRenderer());
   zml.addRenderer(new RulerRenderer());

The main result is all right but compare to the six frame view of Artemis,
there's only a line of DNA base symbols renderered overlayedwrapped in the
first row. But I think we should got the result that each row should be
wrapped with amino symbols just like Artemis has done.

Can I achieve the goal with biojava?

Haiyan Wang,

David Huen: