[Biojava-l] Distributions over infinite Alphabets

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 10:24:17 EDT 2003

The distribution interface is a bit of a misnomer - I
guess what we wanted was the integral over a PDF, but
because we nearly always used descrete alphabets,
nobody cared.

So - the short answer is that you should be geting the
probability of an ambiguity symbol over [0.0 ..
1.0]and the distribution impl should be integrating
PDF out over that range e.g. a gausian or something.

Does DoubleAlphabet have methods to make these kinds
of ambiguities? If not we need to add it.

Matthew

 --- "Schreiber, Mark"