[Biojava-l] problem building docbook

Keith James kdj at sanger.ac.uk
Sat Apr 12 12:23:41 EDT 2003

>>>>> "john" == john morris <jmorris at geneinfinity.org> writes:

    john> Hi, My docbook building always fails as follow:

    john> ant-build/lib/docbook-xsl-1.44/html/chunker.xsl [87]
    john> Warning! Writing bd-pre-forward.html for
    john> preface(bd-pre-forward): Fatal Error!
    john> org.apache.xml.dtm.DTMException: No more DTM IDs are
    john> available

    john> Failed to process
    john> D:\biojava\biojava-live\ant-build\src\docs\biojava-doc-main.xml

    john> Any idea waht's the problem in chunker?

Hi John,

I believe that it's caused by a buggy Xalan, but I'm not sure. The
Xalan distributed with the 1.4 JDK has problems, but because it uses
the same package names as the standalone Xalan distribution we can't
just put a newer Xalan on the build classpath. This is also why we are
using an old set of DocBook stylesheets.

I originally did a combinatorial experiment with about 4 different
1.4.* JDKs and 8 or so versions of the stylesheets. The results were
variable; 1.44 was the only stylesheet which would work with both Sun
+ Blackdown 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 on Linux.

What JDK/platform are you using?

Keith

--

- Keith James <kdj at sanger.ac.uk> bioinformatics programming support -
- Pathogen Sequencing Unit, The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK -