[Biojava-l] CVS

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 23:07:10 +0100

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 09:06:20PM +0100, Matthew Pocock wrote:

> You shouldn't need xml.jar - xercese does this job for you. biojava.jar
> gets built by ant from the build.xml file in biojava-live. You can
> download ant from the web site http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ - I
> sudgest going for the newest stable release and making sure you have
> optional.jar installed (which you get from the same site).

Just to clarify, ant binary releases now include all
the `official' optional tasks (I don't know when this
started, but the 1.5.1 I grabbed a few weeks ago certainly
had everything in the standard package).

The optional tasks are only needed if you wish to
try the biojava test suite (`ant runtests').

     Thomas.